Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Other Christmas...

Yesterday was our turn for Christmas with my parents since they were in Arizona for the real Christmas. They drove all the way up here on Friday to spend the evening with us, just for a few hours since they had to go back home Saturday morning. They arrived just in time for the feast Isaac had prepared for them...a whole salmon baked with wild rice and asparagus! Have I ever mentioned before that I married a fantastic chef? I feel like in most marriages the guy gets super excited because he has married a woman who loves to cook him great meals all the time, and he has never before eaten so well. For me, the reverse is true. Isaac is the cook in our relationship and I eat like a queen every night. I can cook a meal, don't get me wrong, but what takes me forever following a recipe to the 'T', Isaac can make in no time at all without any kind of recipe in sight. And it always turns out a perfect blend of flavors. Mmm, mmmm, mmm, I am a lucky woman. Besides, I'd rather bake than cook any day; that's my area of expertise. But back to my parents...they got to see our house all put together for the first time and got to eat their fill of Isaac's cooking. Then we opened presents and hung out for the rest of the evening. One of our gifts was curtains for our bedroom and kitchen that my mom made (she loves to sew), and they turned out perfect! Here are the bedroom ones...the kitchen ones are a sheer yellow material and will be put up shortly. Thanks, mom! Speaking of being thankful to a mom, thanks to Mom Hurst as well...the raw milk cheese is soo good. It's been wonderful getting to eat cheese again.

0 comments: