Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just like the Lovemelons...

I miss working with the youth at church. Winter retreat is this weekend for them, so I saw them all off after work on Friday and I really just wanted to jump in the vans with them. It's the same with my girls from The Dalles...once they're my girls, they're always my girls and a part of my heart will always miss being with them. Sigh. Isaac went with them, though, so at least half of us got to go. (Here's a picture of our beloved youth leadership team from the Red Carpet Night...I can't find any with my girls at the moment) I, on the other hand, have spent nearly all of last night and a good chunk of today learning about how our body's metabolism functions as well as learning how complex conjugates of imaginary numbers work. Thrilling, I assure you. I did get a 98% on my first pre-cal quiz last week, though, which is rather encouraging.

I took a little homework break today to go celebrate Mo and Tommy's birthdays, which are both next week and let me tell you, we were definitely the neighborhood's entertainment. We met with Mo's family on a nearby field and played a rousing game of kickball, but the best part is that we came in style! Back in college, a bunch of our friends played intramural sports together on such teams as the Lovemelons, and Team We Won That One Time, which began a long-standing tradition of playing in ridiculously colorful sporting outfits. And today was no exception. Here's a pic of the gang. Mo's brother Mitch would flex and give off low-picthed growls to all the random people who would pass. So awesome!

In other news, we bought a garden! Well, sort of, anyway. Our parks and rec has three community gardens available with plots for year-long renting, and Isaac got us two plots for this coming spring...something like 120 square feet, which is much larger than last year's little backyard garden we had. Which means we're going to have a much, much larger crop of fresh vegetables this year! Here's what it looks like right now...I'll admit, very dismal in the dead of winter, but once we get a chance to do a little work on it and make it our own, she'll be looking quite homey. It's perfect for us because in our little rental, there's no land around it to garden in except for a strip of dirt about four feet long and one foot wide, which now we can use for a little flower garden. Oh spring, do come quickly.

0 comments: