Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Did I mention that it's cute?

If you hate children, this post is not for you.

I work at a church, which in and of itself means I am surrounded by lots of people with adorable little kids all the time. Plus, there's a school for babies through fifth grade in the church as well during the week, so I get my fair share of cute children romping the grounds. But I have two favorites that I must share. The first happens every morning when this precious little girl named Gabriella walks through the doors with her daddy on the way to the school. Every morning, without fail, she stops outside my window, waits for me to open it, stares up at me with her big, shy eyes, and says "Good morning" in the cutest little three-year old voice, usually followed by lots of giggles. Then if I'm lucky, she'll follow with, "Do you like my pretty dress?" as she twirls around for me. Like I said, she's precious.

And then there are Wednesdays, which are mostly for my boys. There's a Bible study that happens at the church Wednesday mornings, and Andrea brings her little crew of kiddos that she watches at her daycare so she can go to the study. Every Wednesday her big van pulls up, the doors open, and her kids run pell-mell into my office, shouting, "We're going to see Becky! We're going to see Becky!" It's funny because I don't even know half of their names, they just know I give hugs, so they run their cute little pudgy faces in to see me before they go to the playroom. The past few weeks have been especially cute because with all this rain, Andrea has them all in little rain boots...one pair of crocodile boots, one of ladybugs, one in bright pink, one pair of fireman's boots, most of them inevitably on the wrong foot.

It's just cute.

0 comments: