Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hinds' Feet...

So, I've been reading this book as of late called, Hinds' Feet for High Places. It's one of those classics I've heard about for quite some time but never read, probably because I had no idea what a hind was, thus the title made no sense. Well, I finally got around to reading, and I am glad I did. That book has spoken some deep truths to me this past week. It's about a little girl named Much Afraid and her journey to go live with the King of Love on the High Places. It's very obviously a Christian allegory, which normally would turn me off pretty quickly, but for some reason this book was different. I guess sometimes it's the seemingly obvious truths that are the easiest to forget, and therefore, the most important to reinforce, and I needed them reinforced in my life. I wanted to share a few quotes from the book with you...

"Every circumstance in life, no matter how crooked and distorted and ugly it appears to be, if it is reacted to in love and forgiveness and obedience to your will, it can be transformed."

"That is the only really satisfactory way of dealing with evil, not simply binding it so that it cannot work harm, but whenever possible overcoming it with good."

"So remember this; as long as you are willing to be Acceptance -with-Joy and Bearing-in-Love (forgiveness), you can never again become crippled, and you will be able to go wherever I lead you. You will be able to go down into the valley of the world to work with me there, for that is where evil and sorrowful and ugly things are which need to be overcome."

1 comments:

tim and kristi said...

Bec - i love hinds' feet. i am glad you enjoyed reading it. i remember when tim and i were first married we read it aloud. very simple, but very powerful truth. hope all is well. kristi (anne's daughter).