Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Buckets and love...

We have a bucket garden! Isaac had wanted to start one for quite some time, and we finally did. Lettuce in one, radishes in another, and carrots in the third. And they're already sprouting! The hilarious thing is that Isaac picked up a handful of radishes when we were at the store this weekend and remarked that our entire crop worth would not exceed the amount he was holding in his hand, but no matter. We're doing it anyway. And as I write this, Isaac is sitting next to me on the couch drawing up the plans for the next stage of the bucket garden. From the scrawlings so far, it appears that he is creating some kind of watering system...or maybe it's a lighting system. Yes, a lighting system for sure. They won't grow without light and unfortunately our scarce amount of winterized sunshine is not adequate for our little babies. Genius. I'm sure we'll have a picture of the actual invention soon to share.

In other news, this was day two of school, and yes, I'm still confident that I can handle the load. I get home at about 5:30 each evening now, and tonight I came home to my dear husband, who, having cleaned the whole house, was in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on our dinner. Sigh. What love.

0 comments: