Monday, June 23, 2008

The weekend that was...

So full and fun! We had ourselves a busy weekend these last few days. It started out on Friday when a couple friends of ours blessed Isaac and me with a gift certificate for a relaxing dinner out. Such a surprise, and such a blessing! We got dressed up, went to an adorable little Italian Restaurant called Mambo Italiano, and had a relaxing evening to ourselves. I've been wanting to go to Mambo for years now, but just never have, so it was especially enjoyable. Thanks J and J! Saturday was a full day...Isaac works most Saturday mornings during these two months of super business with his work, and after he got off of work, we got all dressed up again and headed down to Seattle for the wedding of two of our friends. Minus the fact that I was slightly emotional and moody for a good part of the festivities, it was a beautiful wedding. And once I got over my mood, I was able to join Isaac in really enjoying our time together with friends. Kevin and Jamie are probably relaxing on a sunny, incredible beach somewhere right about now...Isaac played his guitar and sang a love song for the happy couple during the ceremony, so that was cool, too. I know that Isaac sang a couple times at our church group when we were in college, but I don't really remember much about them, so this was the first time I've gotten to see him solo at an event. He leads worship at youth group all the time (and church all of last summer), but it was fun to see him in this setting. Saturday night consisted of a drive home, a dinner of homemade Pad Thai (sooo good!) and a movie to relax with. And then Sunday, we worked in our garden! Isaac built me a trellis for the peas so they didn't curl all over around the ground (I helped, too, but he was definitely the brains behind the event). I know the picture's far away, but if you click on it and make it bigger you can see how well it's doing! We had to thin out the carrots, which saddened me because we pulled up so many of them, but Isaac reminded me that we wouldn't have any good ones if we left them that close together. Sigh. The voice of reason, once again. It's been so cloudy up here as of late that the cucumbers and sunflowers are struggling a little, but there's nothing we can do about that but wait and see if the sunshine can energize them enough. Oooo, and the grossest part of it all...Isaac found a pile of old, rotting grass behind our house and we had to dig into the rotting part (full of crawling bugs and beetles, I might add) and spread the nastiness around the plants as mulch. Dis-gus-ting. But Isaac says I must partake of that if I am to be a true gardener. Awesome.

Well, we love you guys! And a special welcome to the newest member of the clan...Isaac's little niece was born yesterday! Congratulations!

1 comments:

Amy McAllister said...

Hi Isaac and Becca, Hope you're having a great week! We hope you'll come visit us when you come to the gorge next.