Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The monumental affair of deserts...

Last week our dear friend, Katy graduated from high school, a monumental affair! She's been in our lives for the past three years and is wonderful! And she's staying up here to go to college, so we still get to hang out with her...yay! We double-dated with the Allynes and went to her graduation party, where hundreds of people meandered around her house waiting to be graced by her presence. So fun!
So, on another note, our wee
kend was officially great! We had the family get-together and Isaac's grandparents on Saturday and I got to meet a few more members of the extended family...from HR! And the best thing was that they knew where my little home town was, and no one ever knows where my home town is. And they knew several people that I had grown up with. It was just fun to find the things in common with people who were strangers to me when I met them. It was sunny, relaxing, and very enjoyable company with the family and all Isaac's brothers and sisters running around. And Nicole came up from California! Yeah, Nicole! Now we just need to get the Petester up here so Isaac and I can officially meet him...
On Sunday, we went to my parent's house and spent the day with them...and it was such a beautiful, sunny day in A-town. So sunny that dad got the barbeque out and they f
ed us a feast, picnic style! It was a good visit, very relaxing. And sort of an adventure because we decided to take the back way home. Mom and Dad insisted it was an hour shorter, and it was (45 minutes at least), but we sure got a lot of humor out of how ugly the landscape was...just barren and deserty. Not my style of beautiful countryside. It was a fun adventure, though, and we're glad we at least did it once. Here's a shot from the ugliness, although I suppose some would see that as beautiful. To each his own, I suppose. Either way, it was a really good weekend! Thanks for having us, families!

0 comments: