Monday, June 9, 2008

Bikes, Seaweed, Books, and Peas...

Hello friends and family! I'd like to start you off today with a little Arizona sunset. I believe I mentioned this before, but the sunsets in Arizona were so beautiful, way more than this picture can even express. It still amazes me that God paints us an incredible, unique, so colorful, beautiful sunset almost every night! So this morning, I woke up to a few little patches of blue sky this morning and with the optimism of a small child, donned my bike helmet, packed my little backpack and took off to work. Not thirty minutes after I arrived did it start to downpour...and I mean downpour...and it has continued to downpour consistently for the last four hours. All I have to say is that I hope Isaac likes the look of a drowned rat because that looks about like what he's going to get to come home to tonight. So yes, in case you were wondering, it has still been raining and pouring up here in Bellingham. There have been, however, small windows of sunshine, usually in the afternoon or evening on occasion, which have held us over through the clouds. Soon the sun will come out to play forever and I cannot wait!
Remember how Isaac and I lo
ve to cook together? Well we took on a new recipe a couple days ago and put our skills into making California Rolls. Although seafood is not usually my thing, Isaac loves it, so we decided to give it a shot and it turned out pretty well! Have a look. A few of them are a little misshapen, but what can you do? I thought I would be able to escape the seafood aspect by refraining from putting the shrimp into mine, however I soon realized that the small issue of the seaweed with which it is wrapped in was too much for me to handle. So Isaac finished them off and I ate some rice instead. It was a fun recipe, though, and we're planning to make it again in the future.
Guess what?? Isaac got a
bike last week! He got it for really cheap from a guy because it was in need of a lot of work, but since we have a couple good friends who know a lot about bikes and since Isaac loves having his projects to work on, he went for it. He spent some time on Saturday shining it up and went to a bike place for a couple hours last Friday to fix a few parts. We're excited for him to get it finished so we can go on bike rides together! And Tommy, Morgan, Justin, and Alex have bikes too, so now we'll be able to go on group bike dates...so fun! Speaking of Isaac's projects, I believe I promised you pictures of his latest work on the coffee table. Unfortunately, this is all you're getting for now. We decided we'd rather you all see it in it's finished state, but you can at least know that Isaac painted part of it with a white primer coat. Fascinating, I know. I know I say this about all of his projects, but I'm really excited to see this one painted! I've seen it assembled and it's very creative, and the paint will add the perfect final touch. As you can see in the corner as well, there was a little blue sky on Saturday!
As for my life, my resting time is so good. Like I said earlier, I have become best friends with the library and am loving soaking u
p books for hours during the week. Currently I'm reading Daughter of the Saints by Dorothy Allred Solomon and Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. I like them both a lot, and I already have three others waiting as soon as I get done with these two. Yes, this is what a bookworm who majored in English Lit does in her free time. There are some times that I get bored, but I'm teaching myself that that is okay and that it is okay to take a break and read or watch a movie or relax and just hang out. It's just my season to rest and my soul feels a hundred times better than it did three months ago! Oh, one more picture to show you...our garden! It's growing! It's a little hard to see because of all the grass around it but the peas are several inches tall and we need to build a trellis for them now. You can click on the picture and it will get really big for you. Everything is sprouting right along schedule. So fun! I've been forgetting to bring my camera around places with us, so that's why the posts have been a little less frequent, but I am renewed now in my goal to take more pictures. Talk to you soon!

0 comments: