Friday, May 23, 2008

Ringing in the new summer...

Okay, so I lied. I have one more post before we're gone for the weekend. We had couples night last night, which if you don't remember, is dinner every other week with Justin and Alex, Morgan and Tommy, Isaac and me and we rotate houses. Last night was my house and we dubbed it our night to ring in the new summer! It was kind of cloudy all day, but at exactly 5:45pm, the clouds rolled out and the blue sky and sunshine rolled in...just in time. We ate outside for the first time this year, and it was beautiful. And for the occasion I made a berry pie, my very first homemade berry pie ever...strawberry rhubarb to be exact. I was kind of proud of it and only a little bummed that I couldn't taste it. But I made myself a mini gluten-free version, so I at least got the feel for what the real one tasted like :) Mine definitely was not as pretty, though, I'll tell you that much. Okay, gotta get some work done. Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Yay for the beach!!!

0 comments: