Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Summer!!!

It's Summer!!! At least it finally feels like it. It was gorgeous and super warm yesterday and today is supposed to be even better! They're forecasting 80 degrees...it's only 8am and it's warm already. Let me just say that we love summer. Yesterday, I went to Isaac's after work and sat in the sun in his backyard and read my book while he sawed and sanded away at his table. A perfectly relaxing way to spend a sunny afternoon.
So, this is fun...I have decided to start riding my bike around a lot more because it's great exercise, pretty fun, and it's at least a little thing I can do to help our air stay clean. Our friend, Brian, gave me this bike last fall (thanks, Brian!) and it's going to be a blessing to me this summer. It's perfect because my work is close enough to ride to, Isaac's house is close enough to ride to, downtown is close enough to ride to...most of the places I need to go are close enough to ride to. I rode to work for the first time yesterday, then rode home, then to a store downtown, then to Isaac's. An entire day of getting around without my car is a whole new experience for me! I'm not sure riding to work will happen all the time, though, because it's hard to look presentable for the office directly after a bike ride, but I'll be working on that to see if it's at all possible. It's also nice because bikers are very prevalent here in our slightly hippie town of B'ham, so cars are really used to sharing the road with bikers.
Well, this evening's a big hike with a few friends a lookout a few miles up Chuckanut Mountain overlooking all of the San Juans...so beautiful! And we might even hit it at sunset. I'm sure you'll be seeing the pictures sometime this weekend.
Ahhhh, I LOVE the sunshine!

0 comments: