Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo...

I know, I know...it's actually May 9th today, but it was a happy Cinco de Mayo. My parents came up to visit! They've never seen my little place up here yet this year, so it was fun to get to show them around my latest little rental. As you can see from the back of it in the picture, it's definitely a little rental of a college house, but the front is way cuter, don't worry. And so is the inside. We painted the entire thing inside when we moved in because it was painted HIDEOUS colors...bright purple, mustard yellow, salmon. Gross, gross, gross. Anyway, we had a really good time with the folks. Isaac made his infamous Pad Thai, which was fun because my parents had never had Thai food. And they loved it! Lucky for us it was a beautiful, sunny day, too, so we got to sit outside and talk with the sun streaming it's warmth on us.
And how about that lawn, huh? Isn't it beautiful? Yeah, we don't have a working lawn mower, so we've g
ot a little wild meadow growing outside the house. I love it, but our landlords aren't as much of a fan. I think it's getting cut tomorrow.
And last but not least, our garden got approved yesterday by my landlords! Yay! I know it's been a little bit since we said we were going to plant it, but we realized we should probably ask permission first since it would mean digging up a portion of a lawn that wasn't ours. They said yes, though, yesterday, so construction is scheduled to begin this afternoon after work. And it's a beautif
ul day, so hopefully that will stay as well to provide good working weather. I'll have pictures to share when it's done, don't worry.

0 comments: