Thursday, May 29, 2008

Alas, the beach...

So, here they are...the pictures from the beach! It was so sunny and warm and beautiful and relaxing (minus the slight emotional mood swings I experienced on and off throughout the weekend...oh, for being a woman). This is our view from the house - rolling lawns, trees, flowers, and sparkling water. And they have a hammock, and I happen to LOVE hammocks! The boys spent a lot of the weekend perfecting the potato gun Justin had built way back when he was in high school. I've never seen one before, so it was cool to watch how far the potato gun can launch into the water. I tell you what, it's fun to have boys around for these little glories. I can't imagine sitting around with my girlfriends for hours launching potatoes across the river for fun. Thank you, boys, for what you bring to our female lives. Isaac and I got to take the rowboat across the lake during the sunset (so romantic, I know) Saturday evening during which I discovered that I am not quite as talented as my man is when it comes to efficiently rowing us on the little boat. Another reason it's good to have men around. It was so relaxing to just be floating on the lake with no time restraints, no one but us around, no pressing agendas to take care of. There was fishing for the boys, campfires with roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, sleeping in, and lots of lying in the sun for Alex and me. Yep, there we are, sunning ourselves in the warmth. Monday was added excitement as Justin's extended family all came out for a Memorial Day picnic and they're a fun bunch to have around. We'll be out there again for the fourth of July with all of them, so this weekend was a nice taste of the coming fun in July.
On a completely
unrelated note, we'd like you to know that our garden is flourishing! Well, at least it is flourishing as much as can be expected this far along. The peas are at least three inches high! And the other plants have all sprouted and headed up towards the sky as well. I'm still incredibly excited about it all even though all I really get to do now is wait. Okay, here's one last picture for you. What was Isaac doing? You'll have to ask him about it someday. It's a good story. Well, I'm headed to Arizona to visit my sister and her family for the weekend...so don't be jealous when you think of me basking in the 100+ degree heat! I'm pretty excited for that, as well as for seeing my sister and her family as it has been quite a while since I've seen them last. Maybe when I get back, we'll give you guys a sneak preview of the coffee table that Isaac's been creating. It's coming along quite nicely, if I do say so myself. His plan is to work a lot on it this weekend so it shouldn't be that long until it's done. Thanks for listening to our stories...we'll talk to you all again soon.

0 comments: