Thursday, April 10, 2008

Six hours of exploration...

So, I'm about to present to you all my day at work today...ALL the pastors were gone for one reason or another, so it was just Tina and me holding down the fort in the office by ourselves. With no pastors around, the job of an administrative assistant gets considerably lighter, but lucky for me, our tech guy had just installed the grand program of Photoshop onto my computer the night before. I like to joke that I am the resident graphic designer here at the church, however, all that really means is that my fairly limited knowledge of our design program happens to be more than anyone else's around here. Therefore, the design jobs that aren't outsourced go to me because I am the 'expert.' Nevertheless, my unofficial title landed me the Photoshop program. So fun! I spent six hours... yes, literally six hours...going step by step through some of the tutorials and trying to figure out all the ways this incredibly complicated program could transform my pictures into even cooler pictures. And you're seeing the result right here! This was my day at work. Remember that cool picture from watching the sunset that we posted a few days ago? I took that picture, transformed it (color-wise) into the picture above and then transformed that into this beauty on the right! The funny thing is that this stuff is something that Isaac could do in his sleep because he is an actual graphic designer and he does it for a living. But it's super fun for me to play around with it and pretend I know what I'm doing. So there you have it...all in a day's work. I love my job.

0 comments: