Sunday, April 6, 2008

Mud Bay...

My Sunday started out wonderful! Wanna know why? Because I got to church and saw my handsome, rockstar boyfriend on stage playing a pink and white heart-shaped electric guitar for worship! It was incredible! What's even more incredible is that one of our old youth group boys who graduated a year ago made the guitar himself! It was just a great thing to see as I walked into church this morning. Isaac also brought out his harmonica for the first time for a couple of the songs, which added an AMAZING element to the music.

I said before that cooking was one of the reasons I loved getting to share life with Isaac. Another reason why I love being the lucky one who gets to date him is because he takes me on all kinds of crazy adventures! We really enjoy being outdoors, and any chance we get, we'll head out and climb things, explore places, get really dirty, wet, or cold and have ourselves some good old-fashioned adventures. He's all about blazing a trail and I'm more than happy to follow him. Spring is springing, so that means adventures are going to start being a lot more common in our lives since we can enjoy outside without me freezing to death (Yes, I'm the cold one in this relationship). Well, today was one such adventure and it was great! We headed down to Mud Bay, which is on the sound off of Chuckanut Drive (the most beautiful drive in all of Washington State, thank you very much) and scrambled, climbed, and adventured our way around for a couple hours. It started out with more basic bouldering along the shore...the rocks are HUGE and all carved out from the waves and wind, so they were pretty awesome all by themselves. We walked first to the huge train trestle you can see in the background and stood two feet from the train as it passed. Then we made our way all the way around the other side, through bogs, across a couple creeks, scrambling over rocks and trees. It was great! Lots of mud, that's for sure, but it was so nice to be able to play outside again. I'll go on an adventure with that man any day! And it was youth group that night, so I had an evening to bake bread, which was super relaxing for me. I haven't made our wheat bread for a couple of months since I can't eat it, but I wanted to make some for Isaac and it was really nice to be able to bake some good old-fashioned bread again. There's nothing like the smell of fresh bread filling the house. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm.

0 comments: