Monday, July 7, 2008

Whooo-hoo!

We're engaged!! We're getting married!! I get to live with Isaac and be with him forever!! I'm sure most of you know by now, but Isaac told me he loved me for the first time and asked me to marry him on Friday, July 4th! And I said yes! And, of course, that I loved him too. I am the most blessed woman on the face of this earth! And the ring is perfect! We didn't talk about it at all, Isaac just picked out what he thought I'd like based on how well he knew me. And he literally picked exactly what I wanted! An antique ring with an amethyst and lots of deco. Good job, baby! So, here's the story. Remember how I was telling you all that we were riding down on the motorcycle through beautiful back-country roads all the way down to Gig Harbor to spend the fourth of July with J and A and their families? And that we had done that same trip a year ago before we were dating? Well, off we went on Friday having the time of our lives on the moto (don't worry, we were wearing helmets on the actual drive). We stopped at Deception Pass for a picnic lunch, which we ate on a little bluff overlooking the water. And then, all of a sudden, Isaac was telling me that he loved me and wanted to marry me and then he showed me the ring. And then I said yes! And shrieked and mumbled a lot of, "Oh my gosh"es and "Are you serious?"es. And then I strained all of my facial muscles smiling constantly the rest of the ride down to the Gig. We're getting married!! He loves me! We haven't talked much about the specifics yet, but I'm sure those will come in future days. The rest of the weekend was wonderful and relaxing, relishing in the glow of being engaged. We just hung out at the beach with our friends and played. The evening of the fourth was pretty fun as the boys made their burning box, a tradition at the beach fourth of July apparently, and shot the melody of fireworks off from a boat in the middle of the water. So cool! There was ultimate frisbee, reading in the sunshine, bocce ball, movies, just lots of relaxing. And we went clamming, too! It was my first time, which isn't surprising as I'm not much of a seafood fan, but Isaac was loving the feast afterwards. He's a happy boy if you give him seafood, especially free seafood! We headed home on Sunday, retracing our previous trip on the moto again, and then went to youth group that night to tell all of our students and friends there. It was great! And we're engaged! I don't think it's even fully hit for me yet, but I do know that I am beyond blessed to get to spend the rest of my life with such an incredible, loving, kind, adventurous man! Yes, yes, yes!!

2 comments:

Amy McAllister said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful and we are so happy for you both! Aunt Amy & Uncle Scott

Amy McAllister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.