Monday, July 28, 2008

Mmm, mmm raspberries...

Yes! It's raspberry season and we went raspberry picking for the first time ever (for me, that is)! I've been looking forward to going all year because this was the berry I missed during the U-Pick season last year. But alas, we now have plenty of frozen raspberries to grace our meals. We've decided we're going to continue the tradition of Isaac's family of growing tons and tons of berries as soon as we get a little land to plant everything on. Lots of fruit trees, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, whatever we can grow. Yeah, that's exciting! And we even matched that day. Ha! That most definitely wasn't planned, but it does make me smile. The two times I've seen James and Janelle since they've been married, they've been matching as well. It must come with growing deeper in love, huh? (I'll try not to make a habit of the matching part, babe). We went to another wedding on Saturday and it was such a good time. Our friends Stephen and Anna got married and it was a beautiful wedding with a fun reception with food and dancing. There we are, all dressed up...and matching. Justin and Alex get home today, which is exciting! They've been with the youth group on a mission trip to San Francisco for the past week and a half and we've missed them. By the way, it's Justin's birthday today...happy birthday, friend! I'm sure there'll be celebrations for that soon. So, I wanted to show you a picture of one of my favorite places...it's this old used book store up here and it is just piled high with books. Books are everywhere, literally. You can see some of the piles, but this picture only shows about a sixth of the upstairs and there's an entire downstairs as well. The best part about this place is the guy who owns it knows where every single book is, how many copies he has, everything. It's crazy! On Friday, Isaac met me at work and took me on a date for gelatto and then we spent some time perusing the book store before we rode home for dinner. I was in a pretty crabby mood that afternoon, but he took me out anyway. Wow, I got myself a sweetheart and a romantic. Lucky for me! Mmm, speaking of my man, you know what's nice? Isaac wanted to save saying "I love you" until we were engaged, and, although I was pretty much pining to say it/hear it before we were engaged, it is such a wonderful thing to be able to say and hear now. I feel like it will never get old.

0 comments: