Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My incredibly artsy fiance...

Well, the house we were excited about didn't work out. We went to see it on Friday and it just wasn't on the inside what it looked like on the outside. A little bit of a bummer, but we still have a month to find something. You can keep praying that God will open up the perfect place for us. I had my girls' weekend this weekend! It was great! Just three days of relaxing times with the girls (minus Sara) and we even had sunny weather for it. Kris has herself a couple of adorable little kids who we got to play with, too. I'll tell you one thing, though, that drive is not nearly as much fun by myself. I've been so spoiled since dating Isaac because we've always been able to make that drive together and now it just seems like an unbelievably long drive. But it was worth it. Then I got to go wedding dress shopping with my mom for a couple hours, which was as fun as shopping gets for me. No luck with the perfect one yet, though. Ooo, guess what we have to show you? Isaac's coffee table is done!! And it's so awesome! He bought an old coffee table and took it apart, redesigned it, sanded it down for days, painted it and now we have an artsy centerpiece for our new living room (whenever we get a new living room, that is). See the angle on the top? Yeah, so cool. I love my artsy fiance! Speaking of my artsy fiance, he had an incredibly fun idea for our wedding invitations...we screen printed them! And we did it all last night for hours and hours. You don't get to see them, but you can see the process we went through. It's this awesome thing where Isaac made the design on his computer and then used photo emulsion to create a screen. Then we'd put each paper under the screen and he'd scrape the paint over it. So cool! And they turned out really well. Thanks for taking interest in our lives, friends. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Amy McAllister said...

Looks like a lot of work but fun making them. Can't wait to see them.

Michael said...

Diane chose an eclectic wedding dress. She shopped until she found a muslin skirt with peasant top and shawl. Leave your options open for non-traditional and you may be amazed at what happens.