Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It was Justin's birthday Monday, and we got to celebrate yesterday with a meal of Stuffed Masa! Isaac and I got home, then immediately drove to his house and the store to get the stuff and then got back to my house and began cooking up a storm. We had an hour to get enough food cooked for ten people and have it done and ready to bring over to J and A's. It was fun, but slightly crazy...dishes piled everywhere, veggies piled everywhere as I try to cut them all, Isaac at the stove making the mix, then the stuffed masa, then cooking them all with only two hands. The house was so smokey and the kitchen was so trashed by the time we piled everything into my car and raced over to J and A's. I really wish we had a picture of it to show you. But it was a great meal (stuffed masa is a favorite of mine) and a great night just relaxing with friends. We got to hear about the mission trip to San Francisco that J and A had just got back from, and we just got to hang out with everyone. And Mo made me this incredible dessert ('cause I couldn't eat the chocolate cake) made with pears poached with orange juice and topped with boiled raspberries. It was sooo good! And to see the kitchen this morning, you wouldn't even know the disaster it had been last night, so it was all worth it.

I'm doing something crazy today...I'm going to take a one day break from our furious search for housing for September. I've been checking Craigslist and all the realtor websites constantly throughout the day, then calling on places, we've been going to see places, and it's just stressful. So I'm going to take a day off from it today, which I'm actually really excited about. It's kind of hard because I want to be looking and looking so I don't miss anything, but I feel like I've been hearing this voice inside of me saying "Be still and know that I am God." I feel like I'm being challenged to be free to release myself from the stress of looking today and just enjoy the knowledge that God will help us get into a place. After all, the houses will be there tomorrow, right? As weird as it sounds, I can usually tell pretty distinctly when the holy spirit is speaking to me and I feel like today is one of the days that he is. So I will finish this blog and not immediately peruse through Craigslist. Sigh. Living out the faith I profess to have in the Lord is always a blessing in the end, but giving up the control over my life definitely proves to be challenging at the time.

But God's never failed me yet, right?

0 comments: