Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Red Carpet Night...

Let me first say that the nerf war Isaac and the guys held for the youth on Friday was a HUGE success! Seventy rowdy youngsters (and not so youngsters) gathered, gorged themselves with a couple dozen pizzas and a load of soda, and then pulverized each other for four hours straight. And the layout Isaac made was so creative. The youth room was filled with obstacles made of cardboard and duct tape, construction fencing, butcher paper, huge boards, and plexiglass shields. So awesome! I wish I had a picture of it for you guys, but I, believe it or not, chose a girls' night over attending the warlock. What was I thinking?

I do have pictures for you, however, from the Red Carpet Night we had for the youth this past Sunday. We made it like the Academy Awards, and everyone came either super dressed up or dressed up like their favorite person of fame, then everyone got an award for things like "Most likely to take over the world." I, of course, chose to represent all my brothers and sisters in the world of country music and came as Carrie Underwood. However, I tell you with great sadness that country music is sorely under-appreciated up here in the land of the 'ham, and some people didn't even know who Carrie was! Unbelievable. My handsome husband went for the 70's look, and our youth pastor mistook him for one of the Beatles. I've never been more proud.

In true Academy Awards style, we had some famous artists performing songs, one of which was the Isaac/Justin duo. I have no idea how
Dan ended up booking them, but I'll tell you what, the girls were in for a treat. So fun. There were screaming fans flooding the mosh pit as soon as these two took the stage. The girls were going crazy! I just leaned back and smiled with pride that, yes, this handsome rockstar was mine forever. Sigh.

This was my first time back at youth group since this summer and it was so nice to get to see all my girls again. I know that I needed to rest and I needed to take a break from youth ministry for a while - it was the right thing to do - but my heart still yearns to love these girls. Maybe someday I'll be ready to get to be in their lives full-time again. I can only hope...

1 comments:

Isaac Hurst said...

Let me be the first to say that nearly everything in this post is false... No screaming fans, no mosh pit, just Justin and I plunking away some slightly out of tune guitars...The crowd humored us.