Thursday, November 20, 2008

It happened...

I finally did it. I gathered my books, notebooks, calculator, and pen, kissed my husband goodbye, got in my car...and went to Starbucks to study last week. Now this may not seem like a significant event to those of you who haven't chosen to reside in the sprawling metropolis of a college town, but to those of us who have, it speaks volumes. Loud and clear, it shouts to all the world that I am officially a student again. Or a nerd, depending on which of my friends you ask, I suppose. Either way, I never thought the time would come when I would wholeheartedly embrace that title again, but, lo and behold, that time did come and I am actually rather excited to bear that name...of student, not of nerd, thank you. I probably should have waited to post this until I was actually a student since there's still a week before I get to register, but it's close enough. Presently I am taking myself through an Algebra textbook to make sure I'll be up to speed in the Pre-Cal class that I'm hoping to get into in January. I can hardly believe I'm even doing that to be honest. My last thoughts after graduating from Western all centered around the incredible joy I had of finally being done. You couldn't have paid me to open up another textbook or step foot in the library again. I dreaded even going back to campus because I just wanted to be separated from the schooling aspect of life; I was done with it and busy fully embracing the high life with my newfound free time. And here I am, two years later, buying textbooks to study for hours each week for a class I'm not even in! Okay, my friends are right. I am a nerd. But the moral of this story is that I am really, really enjoying being a nerd, and that's all that matters, right?

In other news, Isaac and I have been married for two months already! This is the most celebrating we're going to do because my dear husband said that now that we're married, we don't get to celebrate every month anniversary like we did in dating. Sigh. Oh well, we'll at least be home together this evening to snuggle up and watch some Simpsons or read our books. We do enjoy being married to each other, that's for sure.

0 comments: