Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I moved in!!

It's official...I am moved in to our new house! Isaac has a place to stay in his current house until the wedding so I'm the lucky one that got to move in first to our new place, and let me tell you...it is so fun! I've never lived by myself before, and even though it's only for a few weeks, there's just something nice and relaxing about it. I can come home and do whatever I want without wondering if the tv is going to be free or if the bathroom is going to be free or if the roomies are going to be cooking dinner in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful to live with the girls this year, it's just a whole new experience that is nice as well. Isaac and Brian helped move in all the heavy stuff last Thursday (oh, they look tired, huh?), and that made the place really start looking like home...well, as homey as a place can look with the decorative elements of a house, that is. We walked in Thursday afternoon with the first load of stuff and on the counter in the kitchen was this beautiful bouquet of sunflowers that Isaac had brought over to welcome me into our new little home. It was so thoughtful and made me feel so loved and even more excited to get to start my life with this man! Here we are having our first meal together at our house...and there are the sunflowers he brought me. It's such a perfect first place for us, I wish all of you could come over and see it. The kitchen is large and sunlit, perfect for all the cooking and baking we'll be doing. The living room is nice and open, and also sunlit by the two long windows, and the bedroom is really big. It's halfway between our works, so we can each still bike to work, no problem and it is in a good neighborhood. Sigh. I could go on and on, but this type of thing is always more interesting to the couple moving in than to all the onlookers, so I'll spare you.

PS...only 26 days left!!! We can't wait, we can't wait, we can't wait!

0 comments: