Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Biker Gang...

Phew! The last few weeks have just been crazy with wedding planning...and house hunting to be specific. We're still on the lookout as I type this, hoping maybe a couple possibilities will pan out tomorrow. You will definitely all hear about it if it does. I keep trying to calm myself with the knowledge that the Lord is in control, He will provide a place. Isaac's always a good source of the reminder to be calm as well, but I know we'll at least find something we can live in. I just want to find something we love (or at least really like). But regardless, we will have each other and get to be married and that will be wonderful in and of itself. Six and a half more weeks!!

So, I have a fun story I've been wanting to share for a couple days. On Friday, we hung out with J and A, M and T and formed ourselves an awesome biker gang! All six of us are now hooked on bicycles and ride them all the time (thanks Tommy, for starting that trend a year ago), so we gathered the crew and took off from my house in search of some cards from M and T's. Then we traveled to a local public market for some games while being serenaded by the live music. It was so fun! Bellingham is a pretty bike-friendly place, so it's really relaxing to ride around town. And we had an incredible sunset to boot! Couldn't ask for more. Want to hear something fun? There's this cool thing called Smart Trips where you can record all the trips you make my bike, walking, the bus, or ridesharing and you get rewards and discounts for local businesses as a thank you for saving the planet. And according to Smart Trips, I have saved $144 in gasoline this past month and a half from riding my bike all around. Although I must admit that 99 miles worth is from a motorcycle/rideshare trip I logged, which used a little gas, but not much. Anyway, the number of dollars is fun and really encouraging, even if it's not quite 100% accurate. All this to say, we just love riding our bikes. The other night we cruised around a couple neighborhoods for two hours just looking at houses, seeing if there were any potential ones to live in, but also just enjoying the cool, old houses, and it was such a plus to be able to be on the bikes to ride by them slowly enough to enjoy but quicker than walking would provide.
Okay, I'll stop raving about bikes. We'll keep you updated on living stuff. You'll hear soon as my lease ends in three weeks so we'll have to find a place by then. Happy evening to all!

1 comments:

Michael said...

So do you think biking 17 miles home from work is unrealistic or doable for a 56 year old grandpa? I could put the bike in Ian's car to work and ride home?