Thursday, February 25, 2010

Our little champion...

I ate seaweed this weekend.
And liked it.

I can't even hardly believe it as I have tried various forms of s
eaweed in the past and was absolutely revolted, but something about this time was different. Mark, Jordan, Justin, and Alex came over for dinner on Saturday and Isaac showcased his chef skills with an incredible wok full of Thai Green Curry - so good. But he started off the meal with making California rolls, which, in case you don't know, are covered in the aforementioned seaweed. Everyone praised the choice of appetizer, but I was rather apprehensive and slightly desirous of a hot bowl of peanut sauce and rice instead. Nevertheless, I put on my brave face and succumbed to the peer pressure...and found that it wasn't half bad. Isaac says I like things more once I've learned how healthy they are, which may very well have been the case in this experience, but however it happened, I now like it. And, as a side note, seaweed does in fact have many a positive nutrient to benefit one's health.

We finished off our evening with a little entertainment from our...(drumroll, please)...Champion Juicer! If you don't know what one of these is, you should definitely find out. They are AWESOME! They juice anything and everything, but the best part of it is if you freeze bananas or berries, you can put those through and they get squished into the consistency of ice cream and come squeezing out the other end ready to enjoy! Sounds gross, I know. It even looks pretty gross as its coming out (think meat grinder producing sausage), but it tastes so good and takes all of forty-five seconds to create. And it makes for some nice entertainment watching the process. Now all we need is an orchard full of fruit trees producing gazillions of pieces of fruit that we can juice to our heart's content.

Sigh. Someday.

1 comments:

Morgan said...

This meal sounds so tasty. Good job on trying new things. I hope this meal is recreated in the near future. Love you.