Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And no, we're not pregnant...

So, life has been changing a little as of late. Okay, a lot. And no, we’re not pregnant, as that is the first question out of almost everyone’s mouths as soon as I start to say anything. Isaac and I have been doing a lot of talking and thinking and we decided a couple weeks ago that I would not be going back to school to pursue my Master’s anymore. There are a lot of factors involved in that decision with stress and quality of life for me being very near the top of the list, so the short of the story is after evaluating all the aspects involved with our life, it’s just better for us to follow our original dreams of saving, buying land in a couple years, building a house and eventually having some kiddos. Eventually. I think I was in shock for the first couple days after we made the final decision because I had set myself up to just be continually stressed out for the next four years and I didn’t know how to handle the freedom of coming home after work and getting to do whatever I wanted. But no need to worry as I quickly adjusted to the slower pace of life and have been thankful every day since that we have chosen this route. Now I can just sit and home and bake things to my heart’s content, like this chocolate peanut butter cake that’s on my hit list for this evening.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/

Ah yes, the simple life is the definitely the life for me.

0 comments: