Sunday, September 27, 2009

Because it's a competition...

Yes! We won, we won! Justin and Alex bought a new house and all, so Isaac and I helped them move into it last week and then spent all weekend covering ourselves in paint and getting permanent crooks in our backs purely to get the title of "better friends than the Lingblooms." And it worked! Eat your collective heart out, Tommy and Morgan. Hope gallavanting around Slovakia was worth it. And I hope I spelled Slovakia right.

After like a year of deliberating about potential colors, Lex finally decided on green, yellow, and blue. Green and yellow to pay homage to the great Ducks and blue just to add one more pretty color. It took everything we could do to hold Bob back from painting a huge 'O' over the front door. Isaac, Justin, and Mark got roof duties since they're the young men and all and I got to do the trim in honor of Morgan's absence. And much to my surprise, I discovered that I very much enjoy the challenge of trim work without any tape to make a straight edge. It really is one of the only positive things that has come from my slight perfectionist tendencies. And speaking of my perfectionist tendencies, please note that the light paint under the sill that I am working on is NOT yellow paint from my trim work. That was primer not yet covered up by the green, thank you very much. Jerry, Larissa, and Jackie were all there, too, so it made for a real party on Saturday...and Jerry didn't even fall off the ladder once!

Now it is Sunday evening, most of their house is painted (as much as we could get done in three days, anyway) Isaac's off to help at youth group and I am sitting here on the couch doing absolutely nothing, which feels incredible, by the way. And I don't even feel slightly guilty about it. I am a little sad that tomorrow is already Monday, but it keeps me in good spirits knowing that Justin and Alex now owe us something very cool in exchange for our graciously donated labor. I'll let you know when we're finally even, J and A, don't worry.

PS...Morgan, Bob tried to paint "Morgan's Door" onto one of the baby basement windows since you're so short and all, but I wouldn't let him. Rude, Bob. Rude.

PSS...I didn't put up a picture of the whole house yet because it's not quite done yet, but we'll put one up after all the trim gets done sometime in the next few weeks for those friends and family who know J and A and care about things like that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My dad's face is hilarious... oh the joy of painting parties!

PS what fancy thing do we owe you?

AA

Tommy Lingbloom said...

Becky, you did spell Slovakia correctly, but unfortunately we have no plans to visit that country, which is part of the former Czechoslovakia (we did visit the other half, the Czech Republic).

We did LOVE SLovenia, situated between Austria, Italy, Croatia and Hungary, and part of the former Yugoslavia, and all too commonly confused with Slovakia. Its ok though, at least you didn't say it on tv, like our friend GWB. OK, end geography lesson.

Great to hear from you!