Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nicole and Pete! Nicole and Pete!

Pete and Nicole's wedding was beautiful! Nicole, Isaac's older sister, got married this weekend down in California, so we flew down to take part in the festivities and we had such a good time. As most of you know, Isaac's family is rather large, so his dad rented a ginormous motorhome and they all roadtripped down to Orange where we met up with them and stayed in the beast for the weekend. We weren't down there for long and, unfortunately, June Gloom was in full swing, so we didn't get to enjoy too much of the sunny California weather, but Pete and Nicole got married anyhow and we had some good times with the family. One of the highlights (of the non-wedding part) was that they had dozens of orange trees growing all over the RV Park we were staying at and we were free to pick as many as we wanted. So our breakfasts were mostly fresh oranges just picked from the trees, which is ten times better than any store bought produce. A highlight from the wedding...there was a huge inflatable jumping world for the little kiddos to play in at the reception. We turned away for two seconds and looked back to find two rather large 'kiddos' playing in the jumpie. Yes, Michael and Isaac were in fact in the bouncehouse with shrieking children all around them, having the time of their life. It was pretty ridiculous and hilarious to watch. Another highlight from the wedding...Pete somehow managed to finagle one of the five original BatMobiles as their get away car! Everyone was shocked, but as Isaac quickly reminded me, we were smack dab in the middle of an extremely wealthy part of So Cal, so if the BatMobiles were to be finagled, this would be the place to do it. Another highlight of the wedding...they had dancing for a few hours, which I only like if I'm in the right mood and I wasn't really in a dancing mood that night. As a result, I sat out a lot of the dances with Isaac's sisters and talked with them, but towards the end, I joined Isaac out on the floor and there were three of the most adorable little kiddos - two girls and a little boy - who danced with us for the rest of the night! It turned out to be a lot of fun and I think I have a crush on the little boy. He had to be only three or four, but was just precious. Sigh. Someday we shall have little ones of our own, I suppose.

As for present happenings, strawberry fields are blooming red right now so Isaac and I helped ourselves for ten pounds of fresh strawberries, picked by our own hands, last night. And we're going out for more in the next couple of days. And I leave for camp on Friday, which I am beyond excited about! There truly is nothing that I love more than Camp Morrow. Except Isaac, of course.

1 comments:

Morgan said...

I wish there was a real picture of your dress. The next time I come over you need to show it to me.
Love.