Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yes, please...

Every Saturday afternoon from about 3 o'clock to 5 o'clock, we are soccer players. Isaac's really good. I also am really good, just at different aspects of the game. While Isaac can perfectly control the ball from half way down the field all the way to the goal, I can perfectly laugh, shriek, cheer, and keep team morale high. A bunch of us started getting together to play for fun a couple months ago, and it's just been drawing more and more people in each week. It's awesome because there are people of every skill level (which is obvious since they let me play) and usually there are a handful of girls in the mix as well, so that helps to keep the competition amongst the men reined in a little bit. It's just some good, quality fun that we look forward to each week. The only bummer is when it's an amazingly sunshiney day, and only five of us show up to play, as was the case today. And not only was it just the five of us, it was me and four really good players of the male persuasion. Well, I know my limits. No way was I going to play some scramble of two on three with skill levels as high as they were. My solution? Suntan on the grass for two hours while the boys kicked it amongst themselves, eventually settling on some soccer tennis. Mmmm, spring days in the 'ham. Yes, please. By the way, last week, Mark went to kick a ball exactly like he is kicking this one, only I got to it a split second before he did (which I almost never do purposefully because I prefer my leg bones to stay intact), resulting in a rather large and tender ankle bruise. He does get bonus points, though, for looking ferocious.

0 comments: