Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Stalks of green...

Remember way back several months ago when I posted a picture of the huge stack of books I was currently reading? And they were all entertaining novels, or books on living life with the Lord, or fascinating nutrition books? Well, here is my latest stack of books...even more interesting, I know! My first classes will hopefully be Pre-Calculus and Nutrition starting in January, and then on to Chemistry 121 Spring quarter. In order to prepare, I have a Pre-Cal textbook, a Chem textbook, and an Anatomy and Physiology book that I'm studying from. I want to make sure I learn this stuff well, and since I haven't taken math in six years and I've never taken Chemistry before, I've got some studying to catch up on. The awesome thing, though, is that I am so excited to do it! I can't wait to get home and spend some time with my Chem textbook or my Pre Cal textbook. On Sunday, I finished the first chapter in the Chem book, took a ton of notes, and did all the practice problems at the end of the chapter, and I actually understood everything! It was so encouraging! I know it probably sounds about as boring as one could get to some of you, and believe me, there was a time I would have agreed with you. But the joy and interest that is welling deep in my soul is in itself a testimony to the fact that this just might be a good path for my life. We're meeting with an admissions representative from my top schooling choice tomorrow evening, so that should help us get more of a feel for what this whole process could look like. We really are excited to see how the Lord opens the doors for this if He thinks it is a good path for me.

In other
news, we have a new plant! Isaac is growing grass now as an accent to the rest of our little green jungle. He sprouted some wheat berries and they started growing so quickly! I swear the grass grew half an inch taller while we were gone at work yesterday. The grass in the larger container is a different kind of seed and it appears to be growing slower, but it looks a lot more like real grass (smaller stalks, closer together). Give these guys a couple of weeks and they'll be lush and green and five inches tall. So fun!

0 comments: