Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A good path...

I got accepted to Whatcom Community College today! Not hard, I know, but it signals the start of some dreams beginning to turn into a reality. I've talked about it before, but I have this far-off desire to possibly become a Registered Dietitian and work with people, teaching them the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, natural medicines, whole foods, that type of thing. Holistic health. Now, like I said, this is just a far-off dream, not something that would happen for a while, and not even something that is guaranteed to happen at all, just a dream that I am slowly beginning to pursue and see where it takes me. A dream that starts, rather practically, I might add, with fulfilling the prerequisites at our local Community College for a potential masters program. And so I applied to WCC, got accepted, and am in the process of figuring out precisely what all of those prereqs are that I would need. One baby step at a time.

I've been thinking a lot lately about this potential path for my life (our life, I suppose, now that Isaac is my husband), especially about how I should go about praying for the doors to open. I mean, does the Lord really have just one path that is 'his will' for everybody's life? Should I be praying for all the doors to open only if this is 'God's will' for me? Is that how it works? Is it enough that I have the desire and that my husband is incredibly supportive of this potential opportunity? How would I ever know if this path was the one God chose or if I used my mind and heart and chose it myself? Or are there actually many good paths I can choose based on my desires and interests and the Lord will come alongside my decision and bless whichever path I choose? Or maybe, in the end, either of these ideas of God's will lead to the same ending...a life that the Lord is present in.

Well, I suppose we would just ask you to pray for wisdom about whether this is a good path for Isaac and me to venture down. And we'll just see how things go, I guess. I mean, if I can't even make it through my prereqs, then we'd know that this wasn't a good path for me, right? It's like I said earlier, one baby step at a time. It does make life a lot more exciting with so much unknown ahead of us, though, I'll tell you that much.

0 comments: