Thursday, August 5, 2010

Alas...

I have my husband back!  He officially went back to working eight hour days like a normal person this week, which means we no longer have to go to bed at 9pm and he no longer has to rise at the break of day (that would be 5am).  It's normal for summertime at his work to require overtime to the tune of 12 hour days, six days a week for a couple months, and as always, he took it like a champ.  I swear that man doesn't even know how to complain.  Which is probably good since I'm quite capable of complaining enough for the both of us.  But not this year!  I handled his long hours quite well, if I do say so myself.  And we made it a point to spend our precious three hours in the evening together as much as possible, which helped stave off my wifey affection needs.  

We celebrated our free time tonight by scouting out our future apple trees which we will be bountifully harvesting in a few short weeks.  And earlier this week we picked blueberries to freeze and add to our nest of frozen goods for the winter, which so far include strawberries, raspberries, peaches, and apricots.  Blackberries are next.  It makes me feel so at home and fulfilled when we get to prepare and store our food - which just helps make me all the more impatient waiting until we can have our own property and harvest our goods from our ginormous garden, and raise our little chickies, and frolick among our dozens of fruit trees.  

Alas, I shall not get carried away wishing for things we don't have yet, though.  For now I'll just look around at my life and see how incredibly blessed we are with what we have right now.  Because we really are incredibly blessed.

0 comments: