Monday, November 16, 2009

Phyllo Creations...

If you're sensitive about your birthday being forgotten, special dates passing unnoticed, and Christmas presents being bought at the last minute, then I'm not the best friend for you. For some reason I can't keep birthdates in my head for anything, no matter how long or hard I try. And by default, remembering anything like an anniversary (other than my own) is completely out of the question. But I am blessed with a couple friends who are incredible at remembering all those special days, who will pop a little card in the mail wishing good luck on an upcoming final, who will send postcards to you while you're out of town on vacation, who never forget a birthday, Christmas, or anniversary. Not that I forget Christmas, but you know what I mean. Dear Morgan is one of those people...the Morgan of the Morgan and Tommy couple who is off gallivanting around Europe and Asia for the next several months. Now if I was taking an extended vacation, especially if it was one that spanned nearly a year's length, I would gladly use that as an excuse to not have to even try remembering everyone's special days back home...but not Morgan. Her brother's birthday was a few weeks after she and Tommy left town and I was emailed specific instructions on what exactly to make for him since Mo couldn't do it herself. And then Tommy's dad had a birthday last week and, once again, Morgan remembered will in advance and asked us to help her make it special for him. Mo and To were in Turkey at the time and wanted us to create Turkish Baklava for Tommy's dad so it could be like we were all there together. Lex took it a step further and made an entire Turkish dinner and we had Rick and Sherri over to Alex and Justin's to celebrate! There was a lentil stew that was incredible (no matter what Justin says), zucchini pancakes that had some other completely foreign name I won't even try to remember, greek yogurt, hummus and pita chips. A-mazing. Then there was the baklava for dessert. The only things that were missing were Morgan and Tommy, but we'll be with them soon enough, I suppose. Happy birthday, Rick!

The other thing you may have noticed is that I am now blonde. Very blonde. White blonde, in fact. And I have to say, I really love it. I won't be blonde forever...probably just a few months to get it out of my system and then I'll be a happy bruntette for the rest of my life. But until then, I shall very much enjoy the new look. You must gotta live a little every once in a while, right?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hallah Wallah!!!~~!!!!~!
A