Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I've been told I'm rather impulsive...

Like, the minute I decide I want to cut my hair, Saturday is too long to wait for an appointment with Jama (even though she's my favorite), so I'll spend all afternoon calling around to every salon in town trying to find one with an appointment today because it just has to be done immediately. And the morning I decided it was time to get my nose pierced, the work day could not go fast enough, and when it finally dragged to 3:59, I was out the door so fast on my way to the parlor. If it's time for a new sundress, it must be attained that day if I want to avoid major disappointment. Go figure I married a man who could contemplate a potential purchase for weeks, making sure he has researched all possible qualities and types before finally (and painstakingly slowly, if you ask me) making the purchase. If he even wants it anymore by that time.

I like to believe my impulsiveness has brought a nice breath of fresh air into his life.

My latest rash plans have set the stage for an incredibly fun weekend. I've been wanting to go visit my sis down south at some point this summer, and last Friday, amidst trying to find a date that worked for both of us, I realized this coming weekend was relatively open for me. Turns out it was open for Deb as well, and with her working for the airlines, she booked me a quick spot on a plane coming down Friday. Then we got the bright idea to invite my best friend and Deb's other 'little sis' Hannah to come as well. Kind of crazy since we would be giving her about five days notice, she'd be flying on her own from a different airport than I was, and we're both flying standby so Deb will have to be coordinating everything if either one of us gets bumped to a later flight. But what the heck, we said. Let's give it a shot. So we called her up and, after recovering from the initial shock, Han agreed, so we're all set to go. Just three more days!

So, upon reflection of my ways, I have concluded that I shall not relinquish my impulsivity lest I take away the fun I can have flying by the seat of my pants. Take that, world!

1 comments:

Katy Robinson said...

Oh you. Thats awesome! I'm glad that Hannah is able to come, you guys will have so much fun laying in the sunshine. Ahhhh jealous. :)

And yeah- you are impulsive. I'm picturing Isaac rolling his eyes as you call every. single. hairdresser in Bellingham. Oh, and also. I thought you were growing it out? Just getting a trim or are we changing plans? Either way. Excited to see it. Love you